Re: translucent overlay add an attribute to all users in a OU and subtree

ok,
the result of the command :
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.39 $
    opensuse-buildservice@opensuse.org

Included static overlays:
    ppolicy
    syncprov
Included static backends:
    config
    ldif
    monitor
    bdb
    hdb
    ldap
    mdb
    relay

so no static overlay collect but I use a lot a overlay in my conf with moduleload directive :

(from my slapd.conf)

--------------------
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/collective.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/contrib/exemple.schema
defaultsearchbase dc=example,dc=fr
pidfile         /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd/slapd.args
loglevel        256
modulepath      /usr/lib/openldap/modules/
moduleload      back_ldap
moduleload      back_meta
moduleload      rwm
moduleload      valsort
#moduleload     accesslog
moduleload      memberof
moduleload      dynlist
moduleload      sssvlv
#moduleload     pcache
moduleload      collect
overlay sssvlv
overlay collect
collectinfo cn=collect_OU_NAME,dc=example,dc=fr    co,PostalCode

someone see something wrong ?

if all is good with this declaration of collect, do I have to add an objectclass "collectiveAttributeSubentry" somewhere in the schema or it is provided by the module ?

Hello,

I try others things without success. if someone have an idea/clue/tips to help me.

so I decide to build openldap 2.4.40 on a just-installed computer (opensuse 13.1 <-- client request)
now slapd -VVV give me :

 @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.40 (Oct 17 2014 15:08:43) $
    root@linux-nn6c.site:/root/openldap-2.4.40/servers/slapd

Included static overlays:
    accesslog
    auditlog
    collect
    constraint
    dds
    deref
    dyngroup
    dynlist
    memberof
    ppolicy
    pcache
    refint
    retcode
    rwm
    seqmod
    sssvlv
    syncprov
    translucent
    unique
    valsort
Included static backends:
    config
    ldif
    monitor
    bdb
    hdb
    ldap
    mdb
    meta
    relay

as you can see i build with a lot of overlay and backend (maybe to much )

I take the slapd.conf from the server I used.

--------------------
[...]
collectinfo cn=office,dc=example,dc=fr    l,street

* do I have to use "moduleload" directive with overlay build that I made ?
* when i try to add :

dn: cn=office,dc=example,dc=fr
objectClass: subentry
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: collectiveAttributeSubentry
cn: office
subtreeSpecification: {base "ou=SOME_OU" minimum 2}
c-l: Berlin
c-street: Main Street

--------------------------

the result is :

adding new entry "cn=office,dc=example,dc=fr"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
    additional info: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax

so I suppose that "objectClass: collectiveAttributeSubentry" as to be declare in the schema. Y/N ?

if I look in RFC3671, I find this objectclass declaration :

objectclass ( 2.5.17.2 NAME 'collectiveAttributeSubentry' AUXILIARY)

so I add it from a file  (exemple.schema) see slapd.conf ,

now when I try to add de ldif :

ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
    additional info: 'c-l' can only appear in collectiveAttributeSubentry

Sorry to ask over and over but a don't understand the way it works. What do i forget to do to make it works ?

thanks for reply

--
Nicolas