Re: OpenLDAP as proxy to Active Directory backend

Jeff,

The basic functionality is there. You can tell OpenLDAP to use SASL
for authentication, against any available SASL mechanism that's
supported on your platform. Part of the story is here:

 http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/security.html#Pass-Through authentication

Pay very close attention to paragraph 14.5.1. That little SASL config
file (not part of OpenLDAP) will stop the show if it's not right.

I almost had it working, but I couldn't do it, because I still needed
local LDAP password hashes in my use case. I couldn't get the "{SASL}"
password value to work for some reason. Turning on SASL pass-through
seemed to be an all or nothing choice in my case. You will probably
have to do some work to get it up and running.

Best,

   --Bruce