Re: translucent overlay add an attribute to all users in a OU and subtree

Le 07/08/2014 09:09, Dieter Klünter a écrit :
Am Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:16:07 +0200
schrieb Nicolas RENAULT <nicolas_renault@yahoo.fr>:

Le 06/08/2014 03:12, Howard Chu a écrit :
Nicolas RENAULT wrote:
how can I add attributes to the translucent instance to all users
in an OU (and sub) ?
See slapo-collect.
is there another way to do what I want to do ?

thanks all for responses

thanks I think that this is what I want,

   but I cannot find any exemple of the use for this overlay on google
or other site, And the man slapo-collect, is not clear for me.

info : openldap 2.4.39 ,   as exemple, I want to add attribute
'networkAddress' and 'homeDrive' for all the inetOrgPerson from my
Edir :   ou=EDIR,OU=TOUT,dc=exemple,dc=fr

so questions :

* in slapd.conf (I use it because of meta ) :  I have to add these
lines ?

moduleload    collect

overlay collect
collectinfo cn=ancestor,ou=EDIR,OU=TOUT,dc=exemple,dc=fr
networkAdress,homeDrive

(I choose ancestor for cn cause they talk about ancestor in the man
command)

* don't understand how to create the ancestor ? just as an
inetOrgPerson with the 2 attributes ?

* as 'homeDrive' or 'networkAddress' are not on inetOrgPerson schema
(MAY or MUST) it will be a problem no ?

Thanks for reply or link to exemple.
Thanks for informations !
back to work and to this old question.

according to my private documentation, slapd has to be build with
-DLDAP_COLLECTIVE_ATTRIBUTES, this information might be outdated.

how can i know if the openldap 2.4.39 that i use is build with support for the collective attribute ?

This is a sample ldif:
dn: cn=office,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: subentry
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: collectiveAttributeSubentry
cn: office
subtreeSpecification: {base "ou=Human Resources" minimum 2}
c-l: Berlin
c-street: Main Street

-Dieter

When i try to add thinks like the example , a got an error

" ldap error code 65 'C-postalAddress' can only appear in collectiveAttributeSubentry "

--
Nicolas