From: openldap-technical [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org] On Behalf Of Aaron Richton
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:08 AM
To: Bin Lu
Cc: Dieter Klünter; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: RE: way to validate server certificate

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014, Bin Lu wrote:

> Dieter,
>
> I know how to do it using openssl lib functions. But I am looking for openldap support.

OpenLDAP support for what? You've talked about standards used for applications verifying subject names, configuration of CAs, and opened an aside regarding in-memory CAs so far.

verifying names:
Howard's told you what specs libldap implements, the support is there.
Read the code if you don't believe him.

configuring CAs/in-memory CAs:
The TLS library providers can tell you what each of their libraries implement. (And it's most definitely not OpenLDAP's job to duplicate what the TLS libraries already provide...) You can find the related libldap/slapd configuration directives in the appropriate man pages. These are typically passed straight to the crypto libraries, though, so a thorough understanding of your chosen crypto library is key. (Keep in mind that OpenLDAP supports a compile-time choice of multiple crypto
providers.)

> Thanks,
> -binlu

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.