Re: Hi Need some help regarding OpenLDAP customize schema configuration.

Abhishek koserwal <abhishek.koserwal@gmail.com> writes:

> *slapcat -f slapd.conf.schemaname -F /tmp/schema -n0 -s cn=schema,cn=config*
>
> Schema file has been created.
>
> But when I am trying to add this schema using
> *ldapadd -D cn=admin, cn=config  -W -f cn\=\{0\}schemaname.ldif*
>
> Getting *Error ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)*
>
> I figure out that my credentials are not configured properly.
>

> So, I create a: manage.ldif file
>
> dn: olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
> changetype: modify
> replace: olcRootPW
> olcRootPW: {SHA}GvyYSUqNK/Uo/Cva399YZUPUFNM=
>
> Used
> *ldapmodify -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f manager.ldif*
>
> *SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started*
> *SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth*
> *SASL SSF: 0*
> *modifying entry "olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config"*
>
> But still, when I am trying to add my customize schema, getting same error
> *Error ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)*

You changed the root password of the dc=dauniv,dc=ac,dc=in database, not
that of the cn=config database.  Add the new schema the same way you
used manager.ldif: ldapmodify -Y external -H ldapi:/// -f cn={0}schemaname.ldif.
Feri.