Re: Hi, I need help regarding customize schema regarding OpenLDAD 2.4.39 configuration.

Hi,

Coincidentally I was adding a flat .schema file to my cn=config setup yesterday, here’s my (rather brief) notes on the conversion process:

1. Create a temporary directory and put your .schema file in it.
mkdir /tmp/schema

2. Create a minimal slapd.conf file containing only an include of the new schema file

cd /tmp/schema
cp /etc/openldap/slapd.conf /tmp/slapd.conf.schema
Vim slapd.conf.schemaname

Comment everything out
Add the following line:
include         /tmp/schema/schemaname.schema

Generate the schema file using slaptest while in the /tmp/schema directory :
/usr/local/authz/sbin/slaptest -f slapd.conf.schemaname  -F .

If the conversion process succeeded you should now have a cn=config/cn=schema directory.
In order to “ldapadd” it into an existing setup it will need a bit of sanitising.
Remove the commented lines and any operational/internal attributes e.g.

structuralObjectClass: olcSchemaConfig
entryUUID: dd03fc7a-d4fe-1033-96b0-055318f25a03
creatorsName: cn=config
createTimestamp: 20140920104438Z
entryCSN: 20140920104438.200261Z#000000#000#000000
modifiersName: cn=config
modifyTimestamp: 20140920104438Z

Modify the dn to be “cn=schemaname,cn=schema,cn=config and remove the ordering {0} bracket from the cn

Finally cd to the new schema location and run:
/usr/local/authz/bin/ldapadd -D cn=Manager,cn=config -W -f
cn\=\{9\}schemaname.ldif

Disclaimer: this is the process that worked for me but there are no doubt other/better ways to do this but slaptest is your friend here.

On 20 Sep 2014, at 07:17, Abhishek koserwal <abhishek.koserwal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some reference material regarding "How to configure customize schema" in OpenLdap2.4.x. I have some schema files of version 2.3<, when slapd.conf were used. I am want to import those schema into new Openldap.2.4.39 . I have gone through Admin guide tried some methods but, I didn't get much help from it. Kindly help me or whom should I contact or any specific materials.
>
> Thank You,
> Abhishek koserwal,

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: Mark.Cairney@ed.ac.uk
PGP: 0x435A9621

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.