Re: Updates to OIDs

Brendan Kearney wrote:
list,

i am wondering what the right way is to introduce new OIDs, or request
that new OIDs be introduced, to existing schemas.  the ipNetwork class
could benefit with a couple new optional attributes.

The ipNetwork class is part of RFC2307, I suggest you write a new Internet Draft defining the attributes you propose and send it to the ldapext mailing list for discussion.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ldapext/current/maillist.html

the ipNetworkVLAN (only a suggested name) can be used to indicate the
VLAN associated with an ipNetworkNumber.  due to the increasing use of
VLANs, the datapoint being represented in LDAP makes sense to me.

another seemingly logical OID would be ipNetCIDR (suggestion only) which
would be similar to the ipNetmaskNumber, but would be the short form
notation.

thank you,

brendan kearney

--