Re: difference between configuration file

Gremaud Cyrill wrote:
> I don’t understand the difference between /etc/ldap/ldap.conf and /etc/default/slapd

ldap.conf is the client configuration file, see ldap.conf(5). Parameter 'uri'
defines the default LDAP server used.

/etc/default/slapd is probably a configuration file for the init script on
your Linux distribution (Debian I guess). You have to ask the distribution
package maintainer about that.

> For exemple, what is the difference between URI and SLAPD_SERVICES ?

You should look in the init script how SLAPD_SERVICES is used on your
distribution.

> I want to authorise LDAP protocol only from localhost and only LDAPS for
> the external… How can I do this ?

I'd recommend to check out these directives in slapd.conf(5) for static
configuration:
security
localSSF

Or when using back-config see slapd-config(5) for the accompanying LDAP attrs.

Ciao, Michael.