accesslog-based consumer stuck on objectClass modify on provider

Hi all,

yesterday I changed a structural objectClass for a entry with the relax
control (control: 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.5.12):

dn: uid=cognos,ou=agents,dc=example,dc=org
control: 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.5.12
changetype: modify
replace: objectClass
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
-
add: sn
sn: cognos

On provider all ok. Provider is mirrormode and other mirror side is ok.

The accesslog-based syncrepl on a consumer was stuck. Neither the modify
nor the other next modifies were propagated.

Is relax control unsupported in this scenario? Did I forget something
really important?

thank you,

Francesco

PS: I deleted on provider from accesslog db the entry corresponding to
the said modify, restarted both consumer and provider and replica
started again.