Re: sanity check on updating from HDB backend to MDB

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 11:15:32AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:41 AM -0400 Brian Reichert
> <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok, just to report:
> >
> >Using LTB's ldapsearch didn't improve things.
>
> For kicks, you can try a search over ldapi:/// and ignore the network
> interface entirely.

Hmm, never messed with that.  That knocked my simple queries from
~25 seconds to ~20.  Which is a sizable improvement, but I'm not
certain that the ldapi interface will be useful for us in production.
I'd have to see if JNDI implementations can handle it.  Thanks for
the suggestion, though!

> Also, you may want to look at the writemap flag for mdb.

My simple tests are read-only queries, and that seem like a tricky
flag to have in use in production.  Or so I infer from the manpage.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large