Re: Adding and attribute and editing a matchingRuleUse in the subschema

From:	Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
To:	espeake@oreillyauto.com
Cc:	openldap-technical@openldap.org
Date:	07/10/2014 03:59 PM
Subject:	Re: Adding and attribute and editing a matchingRuleUse in the
            subschema

--On Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:10 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

> Any ideas for me on this?

pwdFailureTime is hard coded into ppolicy.c.  You would need to change it
there, and recompile.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
--------------------

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean.
  Message id: 4B2F96004A2.AD8F7

Here is what I find in the ppolicy.c file in my source code used to build
my package.

static AttributeDescription *ad_pwdChangedTime, *ad_pwdAccountLockedTime,
        *ad_pwdFailureTime, *ad_pwdHistory, *ad_pwdGraceUseTime,
*ad_pwdReset,
        *ad_pwdPolicySubentry;

 &ad_pwdAccountLockedTime },
        {       "( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.1.19 "
                "NAME ( 'pwdFailureTime' ) "
                "DESC 'The timestamps of the last consecutive
authentication failures' "
                "EQUALITY generalizedTimeMatch "
                "ORDERING generalizedTimeOrderingMatch "
                "SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.24 "
                "NO-USER-MODIFICATION USAGE directoryOperation )",

 if (attr_find(e->e_attrs, ad_pwdFailureTime )) {
                        mods = (Modifications *) ch_calloc( sizeof
( Modifications ), 1 );
                        mods->sml_op = LDAP_MOD_DELETE;
                        mods->sml_desc = ad_pwdFailureTime;
                        mods->sml_flags = SLAP_MOD_INTERNAL;
                        mods->sml_next = NULL;
                        modtail->sml_next = mods;
                        modtail = mods;
                }

There are a couple of pieces of logic that write the value to
pwdFailureTime.  This matches what is on my current ldap server that works
with version 2.4.31.  Did I miss a configure option when I built the
package?

Thanks

Eric Speake
Web Systems Administrator
O'Reilly Auto Parts
 (417) 862-2674  Ext. 1975

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.