slapd dead. pls advise how I can restart it

Hi team,

       My LDAP service had an unexpected blackout, it canât be started. could you pls advise how I can restart it?

When I check the slapd status:

[root@nplserver1 ~]# service slapd status

slapd dead but pid file exists   Ãbut I canât find any pid file

When I start slapd, below will be come.

[root@nplserver1 openldap]# slapd start -d 256

@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Feb 22 2013 01:50:21) $

       mockbuild@c6b7.bsys.dev.centos.org:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.4.23/openldap-2.4.23/build-servers/servers/slapd

bdb(dc=npl,dc=tmsr): unable to join the environment

bdb_db_open: database "dc=npl,dc=tmsr" cannot be opened, err 11. Restore from backup!

bdb(dc=npl,dc=tmsr): txn_checkpoint interface requires an environment configured for the transaction subsystem

bdb_db_close: database "dc=npl,dc=tmsr": txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22).

backend_startup_one (type=bdb, suffix="dc=npl,dc=tmsr"): bi_db_open failed! (11)

bdb_db_close: database "dc=npl,dc=tmsr": alock_close failed

slapd stopped.

And I canât find any process in 389 port.

best wishes

Eileen