chaining a subordinate database only?

Hello,

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/overlays.html#Chaining says:
"On each replica, add this near the top of the slapd.conf(5) file (global), before any database definitions" - so chaining works as a global directive for all databases in the example.
I get it to work this way.

But I want chaining only for a single subordinate db, not for all.
I do not get this working. It behaves like there is not chaining.
Is this even possible?

The basic layout is like this:

database mdb
suffix ou=system,ou=foo
subordinate

database mdb
suffix ou=linux,ou=foo
subordinate
overlay chaining
overlay ppolicy

database mdb
suffix ou=foo

ppolicy must only work for ou=linux. That is why, it is a database of its own. (Is there another way?). The ppolicy attributes should be replicated to all the slaves. As far as I understood it, I have to chain the database to the master to replicate the attributes. (Right?)

Marc