Re: Fwd: Re: ldapsearch utf-8 results

El día Monday, May 26, 2014 a las 02:08:51PM +0200, Nicolas Cauchie escribió:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Are you sure that no results are returned? Can you show the output of a
> ldapsearch cmd-line tool? I saw that in the result values are encoded if
> they contain non ASCII chars.
>
>         matthias
>
>    Yes, I wrote it in a previous answer.
>    The result is base64 encoded if "-t" switch is not used, or sent to a
>    temp file if this switch is used. But in both cases, I can't use the
>    result "as is" without another manipulation, but i'm stuck..
>    Thanks
>    -----

I think, the encoded attributes have a double colon '::'; do a test like this:

$ /usr/bin/ldapsearch .... | fgrep ::
attributeMailText:: U29ycnksIEknbSBvdXQgb2Ygb2ZmaWNlIHVudGlsIEF1Z3VzdC

$ echo U29ycnksIEknbSBvdXQgb2Ygb2ZmaWNlIHVudGlsIEF1Z3VzdC | mmencode -u 2>/dev/null
Sorry, I'm out of office until Augus

HIH

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail