Re: ldapsearch utf-8 results

Nicolas Cauchie wrote:
 Hello there

I use a Debian 7.4 server with ldapsearch to search data about users on an
Active Directory database.

When a result of a search contains specials characters (such as é, è, à), no
result is given, but if I delete special characters to the user profile, it
works.

How could I make it work with special caracters (guess it's a UTF-8 problem ?) ?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas
--
signature -----

No one could help me ?

Sounds like a question for Microsoft. The OpenLDAP ldapsearch command prints out whatever data it receives from the remote server. If the remote server isn't sending you what you expect, then get help from that server's support team.

--
  -- Howard Chu