posixgroups vs groupofnames

Hey;

Here's the end goal: Have the ability to have posixgroup style support for
gid <-> group_name translation and the ability to use memberof style searches
without data duplication.

In short:

# ldapsearch -xLLL -s sub '(uid=doleary)' memberof
dn: uid=doleary,ou=users,dc=oci,dc=com
memberOf: cn=infra,ou=groups,dc=oci,dc=com
memberOf: cn=ldap-Administrators,ou=groups,dc=oci,dc=com
memberOf: cn=infosec,ou=groups,dc=oci,dc=com
memberOf: cn=dba,ou=groups,dc=oci,dc=com

and

# groups doleary
doleary : ldap-users ldap-Administrators infosec infra

Using a standard rfc2307 install, the only way I was able to get there was by
having duplicate groups, one posix and one groupofnames.

I've been playing around with rfc2307bis the last few days.  While I'm able to
have one group, in order to support the desired functionality, I still have to
have two member types in that group - member and memberuid:

# ldap -search cn=infra
dn:cn=infra,ou=groups,dc=oci,dc=com

         cn: infra
objectClass: top
             groupOfNames
             posixGroup
     member: cn=admin,dc=oci,dc=com
             uid=doleary,ou=users,dc=oci,dc=com
  gidNumber: 610
  memberUid: doleary

Short version: is there a way to achieve this ability without duplicating
data?

Any info greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

Doug O'Leary
Senior UNIX/Security Admin
CISSP, CISA, RHCE, CEH
O'Leary Computers Inc