Re: OpenLDAP-2.4.23 on SUSE 11

Scott,

Mulligan, Scott schrieb (20.05.2014 03:40 Uhr):
I am running openldap-2.4.23 on SUSE 10 with no problems. After upgrading to SUSE 11, I cannot start slapd. I get an error that it canât find libltdl.so.3. I noticed that libltdl.so.7 is in /usr/lib64.

My question is: Will openldap-2.4.23 work with libltdl.so.7 or do I need to upgrade openldap to run on SUSE 11?

Can I install a version of libltdl.so.3 on SUSE 11 and get it to work?

Are there any other options?

Thanks for any suggestions. I havenât been able to find anything about this for days.
are you running the original SuSE packages? Then ask SuSE for support. 2.4.23 ist very old. http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html

I would recommend running rpms from network:ldap:OpenLDAP:RE24, but it is stuck at 2.4.33 https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/network:ldap:OpenLDAP:RE24/openldap2?repository=SLE_11
So you may want to build a recent version (based on that rpm) yourself.
I'm running newer version without any problem here.

Marc