Re: regarding logging when running in the foreground

Quoting Dan White <dwhite@olp.net>:

You could direct your syslog daemon to ignore those messages.
Look for lines which include:

*.debug
local4.debug
local4.*

That, of course, is not my goal.

I want my stderr logs, outside of my syslog.

No, I don't understand why when one puts a daemon into the foreground that it logs behind your back anyway, but it's not a huge deal. I'll patch it to suit my needs if nobody else agrees with me that this is undesirable behaviour. Of course, my patch would be submitted for consideration into the project.

-mike