Re: ldapadd errors

--On May 15, 2014 at 9:03:12 PM -0400 Brendan Kearney <bpk678@gmail.com> wrote:

[root@test mdb]# slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.39 (Feb  4 2014 09:07:17) $

mockbuild@buildvm-25.phx2.fedoraproject.org:/builddir/build/BUILD/openlda
p-2.4.39/openldap-2.4.39/servers/slapd

i am trying to add ipNetwork entries to my tree, and at first i was
getting "index generation failed" errors after several thousand entries
were added.  i removed the indexing of the cn attribute and restarted
slapd and reran the loading of the entries.  the existing objects were
moved past, and some new objects were added.  then some new errors came
out.

adding new entry "cn=64.89.32.0,c=US,ou=GeoLocation,dc=bpk2,dc=com"
ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
	additional info: entry store failed

i am using lmdb.  i have checked filesystem space, and that is not an
issue.  the data.mdb is about 10 MB in size.

What did you set the maxsize to be for the database? Note that it defaults to 10MB. So my guess would be you failed to correctly set a large enough maxsize for you MDB DB prior to running ldapadd. Please read the slapd-mdb(5) man page.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc