Re: regarding logging when running in the foreground

Dan White wrote:
On 05/16/14 12:12 +0300, Mike Jackson wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to prevent slapd from using syslog when running in the
foreground? I run slapd permanently under the runit process
supervision package with -d 256, and it already captures stderr to
it's own logging system. However, I also get the same log messages
cluttering up my syslog with local4.debug lines. Running in the
foreground is pretty much a requirement for using process supervision
and almost every service related software supports it for this reason.
The background logging, despite running in the foreground, is
undesired behavior.

You could direct your syslog daemon to ignore those messages.
Look for lines which include:

Or you could just set loglevel to 0 so no messages are produced.

*.debug
local4.debug
local4.*

--