Re: dynamically adjust logging levels (was: Need Schema for aci attribute)

Quoting Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com>:

Mike Jackson wrote:
would like to be able to dynamically adjust logging levels on a per-server
basis

If you use back-monitor this particular functionality could also be achieved
by tweaking attribute 'managedInfo' in entry cn=Log,cn=Monitor.

The admin guide is not really clear on this because it mentions attribute
'description' instead of 'managedInfo':

http://www.openldap.org/devel/admin/monitoringslapd.html#Log

Ciao, Michael.

Yes, I'm running back-monitor. Thanks for the tip. I didn't try it yet, but I only run slapd in the foreground with -d 256 with runit and am not interested in any syslog facilities - I only want all of my slapd logs to go to stderr (with the exception of auditlog). So, the question is that do you know if back-monitor managedInfo sends output to slapd's active logging mechanism or will it go to syslog despite my wishes?

-mike