Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

On 05/13/2014 12:55 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
> LDAP administrators have to know how LDIF works anyway. LDAP
> administrators have to know about ldapsearch/add/modify
> slapadd/slapcat anyway. LDAP administrators have to know how to read
> schema anyway. This is, in fact, shortening the learning curve for
> brand new admins.

Having been exposed to OpenLDAP for the first time two and a half years
ago, I can attest that this was true, at least for me. Not that it
wasn't a frustrating journey.

For me, lack of _context_ surrounding for example, configuration
options, was more difficult than learning LDIF, client tools or server
configuration, though.

Hugs & Kisses,

Stephan