Re: autoreconf failing with automake errors

--On May 13, 2014 at 8:39:07 AM -0400 rajesh@linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to build the openldap package from the source following the
release tarball from
ftp://ftp.openldap.org/pub/OpenLDAP/openldap-release/openldap-2.4.39.tgz.
I am building this package in a new architecture ppc64le ( IBM PowerPC
Little endian ). As the config.guess and libtool did not have the
required patches to identify this new architecture, I did autoreconf -f
-i in my build system whose latest automake and libtool has the patches
of ppc64le. but the autoreconf failed with the following error

I would advise filing an ITS at http://www.openldap.org/its/ requesting an update to the build tools so that newer architectures are supported.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc