Re: LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR not working.

Am Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:04:50 -0400
schrieb "Seshadri, Anitha" <anitha.seshadri@emc.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to open a discussion with OpenLDAP team. I hope this is
> the right email address. If not please let me know the correct to
> which this mail should be directed to.
>
> Issue:
>
> We are currently using OpenLdap 2.4.16 version on Win 64 .We are
> using RSA and MES Shareadapter internally to build the openldap libs.
>
> I am getting the below error when I use Sha-256 (2048 key length)
> certificates:
>
> ldap_sasl_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1) error:14090086:SSL
> routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
>
> I am using the option LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR and pass the cert
> directory which has the certificates. This fails. But the same passes
> when I use LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE and point to the certicate which
> is of .pem format.
>
> Can you please let me know I am missing something here or is this a
> bug?
>
> Any help on this is appreciated.

Excerpt from openssl documentation:

if CApath is not NULL, it points to a directory containing CA
certificates in PEM format. The files each contain one CA certificate.
The files are looked up by the CA subject name hash value, which must
hence be available.

I presume, your directory does not provide c_hashed subject names.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de