Re: Phantom certificates?

--On May 7, 2014 at 4:15:10 PM -0400 "Andrew D. Arenson" <aarenson@iu.edu> wrote:

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 09:42:33AM +0200, Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
On 05/06/2014 05:26 PM, Andrew D. Arenson wrote:
> (...) if I set
> TLS_CACERTDIR to /etc/openldap/certs, which has the cert8.db file, but
> as far as I can tell has no actuall certificates in that database, ldap
> search tells me, surprisingly, that the server's certificate _IS_
> verified.
>
>         How is openldap verifying my server's certificate?

Maybe this is a variant of ITS#5582: Setting TLS_CACERT to any
certificate.pem file also tells OpenSSL to check the system's
standard installed certs.  OpenLDAP should have a separate
option for that, or the opposite - an option not to do that.

  	 Thanks. I didn't find an option for turning on/off the
use of a system's standard installed certs. Are you saying that you
think something like that _does_ exist, or that you simply think it
should?

RHEL uses NSS, not OpenSSL.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc