Re: deploying password policy module

Paul B. Henson wrote:
>> From: Michael Ströder
>> BTW: AFAIK write operations to 'pwdFailureTime' are normally not
>> replicated.
>
> Hmm, in my initial testing, it seemed to be.

The attribute is replicated when the entry is replicated as a whole (e.g.
during initial phase). I'd rather consider this to be a bug though. Use
exattrs in your syncrepl statement.

But AFAICS slapo-ppolicy's write operation on this attribute does not trigger
the replication.

> Account lockout wouldn't be
> nearly as useful if the failures were not synchronized across all of the
> servers and the settings were applied separately on each one.
> (Well, arguably account lockout is not useful in general :),

Glad you already remarked that yourself. ;-)

> but as a checkbox on an audit form it would be less useful if the failures
> weren't synchronized).

I have quite some experience discussing that with security folks.
Most of them are open to good arguments. But personally I wonder why I have to
tell security folks about this DoS attack vector. Anyway...

Ciao, Michael.