Re: What is the option '-e ppolicy' ?

Dieter KlÃnter wrote:
> Am Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:56:41 -0600
> schrieb Thierry Thelliez <thierry.thelliez.tech@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Looking at the test source code of 2.4.39 for the ppolicy script, I
>> can see the ldapsearch is using a '-e ppolicy' option.   The man page
>> for ldapsearch lists 'general extensions' under -e and -E options.
>> But I cannot figure out what these extensions are.
>>
>> What is '-e ppolicy' ? and when do you need it?
>
> man ldapsearch(5)
>
> -e = general extended operation
> -E = search extended operation
> passwordPolicy is a general extended operation

I have no man page like this for OpenLDAP. Which man page is this? It sounds
strange to say something about extended operations.

-e and -E are for specifying extended *controls* along with the LDAP (search)
request:

Excerpt from ldapsearch(1):

       -e [!]ext[=extparam]

       -E [!]ext[=extparam]

              Specify general extensions with -e and search extensions with
	      -E.  Â! indicates criticality.

Ciao, Michael.