Re: Not adding attributes

From:	Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
To:	espeake@oreillyauto.com, openldap-technical@openldap.org
Date:	03/26/2014 10:23 AM
Subject:	Re: Not adding attributes

--On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:26 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com
wrote:

> I have just started getting this error in the past 10 days.  There has
not
> been any configuration changes that we can find.  In googleing this error
> I am not finding anything that matches it.  If I create an ldif file to
> add these for the user, that works fine.
>
> Mar 25 16:42:21 tn-ldap-1 slapd[14976]: conn=33594 op=17:
> memberof_value_modify DN="uid=dsmith174,ou=users,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
> add locationEntry="ou=Store4351,ou=Locations,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
failed
> err=32
> Mar 25 16:42:22 tn-ldap-1 slapd[14976]: conn=33594 op=19:
> memberof_value_modify DN="uid=dsmith174,ou=users,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
> add oreillyGroup="cn=Store
Non-Management,ou=Groups,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
> failed err=32
> Mar 25 16:42:22 tn-ldap-1 slapd[14976]: conn=33594 op=21:
> memberof_value_modify DN="uid=dsmith174,ou=users,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
> add oreillyGroup="cn=Store,ou=Groups,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com" failed err=32

err=32 means no such object. I.e., the object it is attempting to modify
does not exist on this server at the time the modification is being
attempted.  Perhaps you are using MMR, and it was added to a different
master first and this one hasn't got the entry yet?

--Quanah

That is what I was thinking the error meant.  I will have to double check
the code and make sure that it is not directly calling to a server.  I have
the connection properties on our batch server pointed to just one specific
node.

Thanks again,
Eric Speake

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean.

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.