RE: question about openldap restore with command sldapadd

--On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:30 PM +0800 xiaoming zhao <ericxiaomingzhao@hotmail.com> wrote:

quanah,

Thanks for your reponse.  maybe I didn't specify case clearly.

we backup the files. then we have to do full installation of the sytem
(with new release), in this new installation, we had new data created in
openldap during the installation.  then we manually restore the data with
sldapadd,  and the new data creaetd during the full installation was lost
because of the old backup file don't include these new data created
during full installation.

Sounds like you should restore the backup file as part of the new full installation as one of the first steps. That's what we do with Zimbra.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.