From my understanding it also does not make sense for auditlog.

Greetings
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Kratzer [mailto:ck-lists@cksoft.de]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:51 AM
To: Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL
Cc: Hallvard Breien Furuseth; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: RE: slapd shuts down for no reason

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL wrote:

Fall back to legacy unix...sorry logrotate is more appropriate.  Yes,
yours is very similar to how ours looked and it would stop the daemon
fine, and rotate the log but would not restart.  I modified it to look
like this:

           /etc/init.d/slapd stop; sleep 5; /etc/init.d/slapd start

why are you stopping and starting slapd ?  This does not make any sense.

Greetings
Christian

Commenting out the "/bin/kill -s HUP syslogd".

Now, it does what it is supposed to do.

John