Re: Planning migration to mdb

Hi,

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014, Nick Milas wrote:

Hi,

We have a running openldap installation (2.4.39) - a single master - with cn=config and hdb backend.

So, config has the branches:

I know we must slapcat our data and slapadd it in mdb afterwards.

The question is: what changes should be done in the config DIT (and how) so that the config changes from hdb backend to mdb backend?

Is it enough to slapcat config, then change:

  olcDatabase from {1}hdb to {1}mdb

and:

  objectClass from olcHdbConfig to olcMdbConfig

...?

Anything else?

Can we safely delete all values of the olcDbConfig attribute which originate from converting from "DB_CONFIG"?

you can safely remove olcDbConfig. There is no berkeley db environment to configure.

I would say the bare mimimum would be something on the order of:

dn: olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcMdbConfig
olcDatabase: {1}mdb
olcDbDirectory <directory>
olcDbCheckpoint: <kbyte> <min>
olcDbMaxSize: <bytes>
olcDbIndex: ...

What attributes can we safely remove?

anything mdb specific.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2