From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Julien Courtès
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:58 AM
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: TLS with multiple LDAP servers

 This is an EXTERNAL email. STOP. THINK before you CLICK links or OPEN attachments.

Hi,
I have two LDAP servers in master-slave
ldap1.domain.com - master
ldap2.domain.com - slave
These servers got different ip addresses and are hosted on different servers But I want to enable TLS connection with clients.
So can I create a unique certificate that I put on both servers and the client will use one unique certificate to connect to server "ldap1" or "ldap2" if the first one is down.

If not, how should I do?
I did a search and I found that I can use subjectAltNames or wildcard certificat.

Thanks

Julien Courtès