Re: OpenLdap provider-client replication error

Hello Christian,

Thanks again, advice well taken ;)

Cheers!

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de> wrote:
Hi Seun,

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

Hello Christian,

Thanks, kindly find my response inset
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de>wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
You have three options:

1. If you remember the password you have set for cn=admin,cn=config use
that with

        ldapmodify -x -w pass -D cn=admin,cn=config -H ldap://...

I followed this option, however i keep getting the error below when i
tried setting up the customer side:

sudo ldapadd -x -w mypass -D cn=admin,cn=config -H ldapi:/// -f
enable_sync_consumer.ldif
modifying entry "cn=config"

modifying entry "olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config"
ldap_modify: No such attribute (16)
   additional info: modify/delete: olcAccess: no such value

Any idea on what i may be doing wrong?

The ldif modify snippet you are trying to apply does not match what you
have in your configuration.

>From a quick look at enable_sync_consumer.ldif on the howto you
referenced earlier I can see they replace the olcAccess configuration on
your databases thereby also deleting your original olcAccess
configuration which is why you had difficulty accessing cn=config over
ldapi:// with root credentials.

You really need to work through the documentation and understand what
you are doing or you will never have a reliably working replication
configuration.

I suggest you start fresh and:

1. get current 2.4.39 rpms from ltb-procject.org

2. start with a fresh install

3. build the configuration from scratch

You can of course post all your configs again and show us the file you
are trying to apply and we would see what is wrong but then the next
problem will turn up and you will not be able to solve it yourself.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2

Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
web:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng