RE: TLS QUESTION

Thanks Dieter...

As I stated I saw Howard Chu's response to an individual in 2005 with a similar issue and he stated then, " For the slapd server you use the corresponding TLSCACertificateFile directive. You must use these configuration directives if you want to accept a self-signed cert."

I did add the olcTLSCACertificateFile attribute (just forgot to list it in my original post).  Was not certain at the time if the "olcTLSCertificateFile" should be removed so I did not remove it.  So, before I do remove it, the attribute should be "olcTLSCACertificateFile" instead of "olcTLSCertificateFile" (and this should be removed), correct?

The CA directories on all three servers look like this:

# ll
total 28
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   10 Jan 24 11:44 600f07a1.0 -> cacert.pem --> client hash
-rw-r--r-- 1 ldap ldap 5136 Jan 17 12:15 cacert.pem --> Self-signed certificate
-rw-r--r-- 1 ldap ldap 1090 Jan 17 12:07 cert.csr  --> Certificate Signing Request
-rw-r--r-- 1 ldap ldap 1757 Jan 17 12:23 client.pem --> Client Certificate PEM
-rw-r--r-- 1 ldap ldap    0 Jan 14 16:20 index.txt
drwxr-xr-x 2 ldap ldap 4096 Jan 14 16:18 newcerts (empty)
drwxr-xr-x 2 ldap ldap 4096 Jan 17 12:06 private  --> server private key directory (cakey.pem)
-rw-r--r-- 1 ldap ldap    3 Jan 17 11:59 serial

This may sound like a dumb question...

I created the client.pem from the cacert.pem (as indicated on openssl.org) then copied that to each client.  Is there a step I missed in there?

If so, where?

Thanks in advance

John