Re: Restricting access based on IP Address

kevin sullivan wrote:
Hi,

I am running an OpenLDAP server version 2.4.23 and I would like to restrict a
user from connecting unless they are connecting via an ldapi connection or
localhost. Specifically, I would like to only let the rootdn manage things
from localhost or from an ldapi connection, which ensures that they are on
localhost. I do not want to prevent other users from connecting to my LDAP
server via an ldaps connection from anywhere on the network.

rootdn ignores all access controls.

Is this possible? I have read a good bit about access control directives, but
I haven't seen what I am looking for. I am guessing that what I am looking for
probably deals with 'sockname' or 'sockurl', but I don't know how to use those
statements to properly configure slapd.

Thanks,

Kevin

--