NEW LDAP PROJECT

All,

There is a new project; a group that I support will be using OpenAM to
manage single sign-on (SSO).

The environment is outward facing, where multiple entities (outside users)
will log on to a web portal via openam/opensso.  The OpenAM will query the
OpenLDAP (currently it is an embedded OpenDJ implementation) for user
information.

Based on their user credentials they will, hopefully, be forwarded to either
a Production, Development or a Demonstration environment.  The group wants
to migrate to OpenLDAP as OpenDJ is 1) not friendly 2) very slow.

I've been looking around at the OpenAM/OpenDJ configuration and most of the
schemas are specifically legacy Sun Microsystems & Java specific.
Basically, the OpenLDAP will be the User-store for OpenAM.

1) Should I migrate those schemas and everything else currently in OpenDJ
over to OpenLDAP and import them?
2) What is the recommended methodology that I should follow to best
implement the above scenario?

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John D. Borresen (Dave)