Re: Not able to authenticate Windows and MAC client

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 03:59:53PM +0800, saurabh ohri wrote:
> Hi Dennis/All,
>
> I figured out that why password policies are not working. Th reason is that it did not got loaded successfully in ldap db. I am getting below error..
>
> adding new entry "ou=Policies,dc=j,dc=example=,dc=com"
> ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
> ? ? ? ? additional info: no global superior knowledge
>
> What i read is that?The error?no global superior knowledge?means that?slapd?doesn't know where to put your new entry. Not getting what it means and how to fix it. Please help!!

It means that slapd has no idea where to put your entry. The most
probably cause is that you are trying to create a child entry but the
parent does not (yet) exist.

In this case its because you made a typo:
"ou=Policies,dc=j,dc=example=,dc=com" Remove the = behind
,dc=example=.

At least that is what I assume, under the pretense that you are not
actually using example=.com as base.

	Matthijs