Re: strategy for getting groupOfNames (AD) and posixAccount (Unix) to coexist?

 > Nonsense. nss_ldap, nss-pam-ldapd, and nssov all support RFC2307bis.

Just to clarify, then, are you saying that if I use RFC2307bis so that
I can define a group that built from object classes posixGroup and
groupOfNames, and I define the membership of that group using the
groupOfNames member attribute then a Linux system configured to use
LDAP will resolve a user's account name to their full DN for matching
against that group? Are nested groups supported?

If that is the case, where can I find documentation for this, please?

Regards

Philip