Re: slapd.ldif beginner

A pragmatic approach is to configure as much as possible in slapd.conf
and then migrate that into the cn=config structure by using slaptest:

slapdtest -f <path and name of the slapd.conf-file> -F <directory to
store the LDIF-like configuration>

In case you are in the right directory and you are using the standard
file name it is just:

slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d

After that you can start the slapd and do more configuration dynamically
on the ldap data, e.g. with Apache Directory Studio and a connection
specified to use basedn cn=config.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter