Re: LMDB test assertion failures on Linux/MIPS

Martin Lucina wrote:
richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu said:
Rebuilt with the Sun compilers to get proper debug info, the faulting
instruction is the same as the one in GCC:

signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in mdb_env_pick_meta at line 3349 in file "mdb.c"
3349           return (env->me_metas[0]->mm_txnid < env->me_metas[1]->mm_txnid);

Martin

I don't have MIPS specsheets memorized/in front of me, but what's
the pagesize?

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201310/msg00005.html
(and ITS#7713)

4k on the MIPS boards I'm using. The SPARC I tried on is 8k, but LMDB
0.9.11 from git uses sysconf(_SC_PAGE_SIZE) to get the page size at run
time so that shouldn't be a problem.

The SPARC and MIPS problems may or may not be related - I just tried SPARC
since Howard mentioned it worked. Do you know a known-good version on
SPARC? If so I can work from that and see if I can find the commits that
introduced the problem.

I just did a fresh build of 32 bit SPARC Solaris 10 with gcc 4.4.0 and mtest works fine. I get a number of warnings if I use -Wcast-align but in this case they're irrelevant.

--
  -- Howard Chu