Antw: replication delay problem

Hi!

I don't know the current versions and theit improvements, but the usual solutions would be these:
1) Delay the error after repeated auth failure, maybe exponentially (con: connections may increase)
2) Automatically blacklist a user after a number of auth failures (con: a valid user may be locked out by attacker)
3) Automatically blacklist a host that is causing repeated auth failures (con: other users from the same host may be locked out)
4) Temporarily disable a combination of host/user after repeated auth failures (there should be a mechanism to reset)

Such blacklists could be stored in LDAP, naturally...

Regards,
Ulrich