Re: SASL DIGEST-MD5 works but PLAIN/LOGIN fails

Dieter KlÃnter wrote:
> Am Sat, 08 Feb 2014 11:45:52 +0100
> schrieb Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com>:
>
>> My /usr/lib64/sasl.conf contains:
>> ---------------------------- snip ----------------------------
>> pwcheck_method: slapd
>> mech_list: plain login digest-md5 external
>> ---------------------------- snip ----------------------------
>> I've checked that this is the right file by setting "pwcheck_method:
>> foobar" which appears in the logs then.
>
> Wrong configuration file. You should configure slapd
> in /etc/sasl2/slapd.conf

As said:
At least the file /usr/lib64/sasl.conf has an effect because I can see an
error message with "foobar" if I set "pwcheck_method: foobar" in there.

> mech_list: gssapi digest-md5 cram-md5 external plain login
> auxprop_plugin: slapd
> ldapwhoami -Y LOGIN -U mailadmin -w secret -H ldapi:///
> SASL/LOGIN authentication started
> SASL username: mailadmin
> SASL SSF: 0
> dn:cn=mailadmin,o=avci,c=de

Yes, got that working in the meantime. But unfortunately this only works with
clear-text userPassword values. That's definitely not what I want.

Ciao, Michael.