[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP compatibility between client and server of different versions
- To: "Fabien C." <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP compatibility between client and server of different versions
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:44:05 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.8.4 edge02.zimbra.com 71D1CA626A
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zimbra.com; s=C2AA288C-EE47-11E2-9BB0-E820BDD9BDBF; t=1391211847; bh=fF6rBcYIK/EyJktW6XL1PVay6Vscuh0BZ+GM7UGl3Ec=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fOkw61uCSO6o66gYVrJqTuEbtamRXiZRR1pzO6mOPmDaA5wLfj0R6PvulNNEu3vzz Fk0LzylyesJ5d+nv4hf1GVXigNCmQKSl7KkS3i+JgN9VN68owDjtNXxCVYD/WwGdvD mjOBDcWuw1+JWADnQ6qcJiPrbTlEVPL8jS43FAAA=
- In-reply-to: <52EC304D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <52EC304D.email@example.com>
--On Saturday, February 01, 2014 12:22 AM +0100 "Fabien C."
I have a few questions about OpenLDAP versions compatibility:
- How to know what version of OpenLDAP client is compatible with what
version of the server? - Is there backward or forward compatibility
tables from the client and/or server point of view? - For a given
version of the server, how to know which clients are compatible, and
conversely? - And most important: what about replication?
LDAP is a protocol. As long as they are speaking the same version of the
protocal (generally LDAP v3, there is no compatibility issues).
As for replication, you should use the same version of OpenLDAP between all
nodes (provider(s) and consumer(s)). Preferably a current release.
Architect - Server
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration