Re: problem with accessing secure ldap

Ok, I've tried running ldapsearch on the host with the problem,  and rec'd the following error:

ldap_result: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

command I used was

ldapsearch -p 636 -h localhost -b "dc=xxxxx,dc=yyyyy,dc=zzzz,dc=ccc"   "(objectclass=*)"

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:14 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
c chupela wrote:

> I've been tasked with figuring out why a redhat 6.4 server w/openldap v2.4.23 is not accessible.
>
> I can telnet to port 389 on this server from another server, but not to port 636 - putty will throw back an immediate 'connection closed by remote host' message.

Why don't you try with ldapsearch command-line tool?

Ciao, Michael.