RE: Adding attributes to cn=config

--On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:39 PM -0500 "Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL" <John.Borresen@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

I tried both ldapmodify and ldapadd (with a couple of different ldifs).
I was trying to "add" an attribute(s) (olcTLSCertificateFile;
olcCipherSuite & olcCertificateKeyFile) to the cn=config.  No matter what
I tried to do, it either returned the error indicated on the original
email or it killed the slapd daemon.

In the past, yes I know it is not the correct way, I had to stop slapd
change into the cn=config directory and manually enter what I wanted.
Then restart.

Your syntax is clearly wrong. Again, "changetype: add" is incorrect for modifying an existing entry. You need to use "changetype: modify"

There's a clear example of how to add attributes to an existing entry using "changetype: modify" in <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDAP_Data_Interchange_Format>

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.