Re: SETTING UP MONITOR

On 2014.01.14 14.54, Michael StrÃder wrote:
Dieter KlÃnter wrote:
Am Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:06:34 -0500
schrieb "Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL" <John.Borresen@ll.mit.edu>:

First, my apologies for the adding you, Quanah, to the cc list.  Over
the last few weeks, my emails have not been getting through to the
openldap-technical group (haven't seen anything getting posted).

Anyway,

Trying to set up Monitor.  I've created a Monitor directory in my
ldap directory: /var/lib/openldap
/var/lib/openldap/Monitor
/var/lib/openldap/openldap-data

All owned by ldap.

My ldif looks like this:
dn: olcDatabase=Monitor,cn=config
objectClass:olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase:Monitor
olcAccess:dn.exact="cn=ldapadmin,dc=<my_group>,dc=ldap" write
olcAccess:by users read
olcAccess:by * none

Monitor does not require any write access control. The data required is
collected at run time or search operation only.

I vaguely remember that one could modify the current loglevel through cn=monitor.

managedInfo attribute in cn=Log,cn=Monitor, which accepts the same values as olcLogLevel

-ben