Re: N-Way-Multimaster Configuration

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 02:22:53PM -0500, Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL wrote:
> Using TLS.  To create the certificates, finding a lot of varying ideas via google, what is the "best practice" to create certificates to where I don't have to touch each client if a server goes down.  Create a wildcard cert or use the subjectAltName in the openssl.cnf file?

Is this a public-facing server, or strictly internally facing?

Will you be using an in-house CA?

I'm a fan of an in-house CA (note: note the same as a self-signed
cert), and a well-populated SAN list, possibly incorporating IP
addresses as well.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large