Re: mdb expected growth

--On Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:21 AM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:00:32PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:

I then proceeded to run a test load on it (basically, I had a script I
put together when I added the memberof overlay that ripped through all
of our groups, removing and then re-adding all members). After this test
run, the use jumped to 1.9G:

Hmm, well, I reran the same test script; there was no drastic jump in
utilization, but it did increase from 479536 pages used to 492848, or
52M additional space used for storing the same content.

Yes, this is generally what I see when re-running massive changes. There is a one time growth jump, and then it stabilizes.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.