Re: optimal mdb flags

Am Tue, 7 Jan 2014 19:15:07 -0800
schrieb "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org>:

> So if it's not obvious, we're working on migrating our openldap
> deployment to mdb from hdb :), I apologize for the flurry of
> questions, this will be the last, at least for today ;).
>
> I'm trying to evaluate the optimal configuration for mdb; it seems
> like for the most part you can just set maxsize and move on if you
> don't have performance issues, but one flag I've seen frequently
> mentioned for improving performance is writemap. This seems like a
> win all around, unless there is some bug that results in erroneous
> writes into the mapped region, in which case it could potentially
> cause major database corruption. For those that have been running mdb
> in the field for a while, are you using writemap? Have you ever run
> into any corruption because of it?

Based on my experience, if you slapadd a large database, make sure that
the configured maxsize is larger than your initial ldif file, no
additional parameters, no checkpointing, after successful slapadd you
may configure the database to your requirements.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de