Re: replication of databases with different backends???

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM, lux-integ <lux-integ@btconnect.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have two computers with these:-
>
> host 1:
> --cpu amd64 3 cores
> --os blfs linux-3.10.24, openldap-2.4.33 with bdb backend
>

> host 2:
> --cpu amd64 3 cores
> --os blfs linux-3.10.24, openldap-2.4.33 with sql backend
>
> QUESTION:
> can I replicate these databases over each host  (in other words
>  can I for example    do N-ray multimaster syncrepl  (
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html )
> or another type of replication in view of the different backends ?

      AFAIK, replication is at the ldap server talking to another
level (network communication). So it should not care much about the
backend unless more than one ldap server is using the same db at the
same time (don't know how to do it or even whether it is doable).